Lunenburg Knifemaking Stay
Want to dive into the art of knifemaking? Maybe you’re new to the craft or would like to expand your skills? On this 2-day experience, get insight into the methods and art of a modern bladesmith, before swinging the hammer and crafting your very own knife! You can participate as much or as little as you want in the forging experience. Dive deep in the craft or choose to sit back and watch Rick create the knife in front of you.
Located within walking distance to the historic town of Lunenburg, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this unique getaway includes an overnight stay at The Edge of Lunenburg, a newly built loft apartment above the forge, overlooking Lunenburg Back Harbour.
Lunenburg Knifemaking Stay Package Includes:
- Guided introduction into the art of bladesmithing with professional smith, Rick Marchand, whose clients include local chefs, international knife collectors and the Hollywood film industry
- Hands-on forging demonstration to see how Rick crafts his award-winning blades
- Create your own custom knife: swing a hammer at hot steel and use the skills of the trade to craft your own kitchen or utility knife
- 1-night stay at The Edge of Lunenburg, a newly built, open-concept loft apartment above the forge, featuring a fully equipped kitchen, queen bed, and sitting area, with a view of the Lunenburg Back Harbour
Length: 2 days (6 hours per day)
Offered: Wednesday – Sunday, year-round
Other dates offered, based on availability, just give Wildertools a call!
Lunenburg Knifemaking Stay Price: $785.00 to $1035.00
- 1 person $785 (1 active participant and 1 spectator, 1 knife)
- 2 people $1035 (2 active participants, 2 knives)
Option to add the ‘Spirits with a Story: a Guided Tasting’ tour at Ironworks Distillery for $25 per group. Ironworks Distillery is located on the Lunenburg waterfront in the town’s original blacksmith’s shop.
Want to experience more of Lunenburg? Add a second night to your package for only $135.
To book your experience, please contact Rick at 226-783-8771 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advance booking required. Participants must be 8 years of age or older. Young spectators must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum of four participants and up to four spectators (8 people in total). Applicable COVID-19 protocols in effect.
LOCATION: 69 Maple Avenue, Lunenburg, B0J 2C0 Get Directions
Dates: May 03, 2023 – December 31, 2024